Have you run out of things to do on the weekend? I have! Sometimes it is very difficult to find new options close to Cancún and the Mayan Riviera, but this time, a friend suggested the water park Mayá in Mahahual, and since I haven’t been there in a while, I decided to pack my bags and take my family on a road trip to remember.
Before I share my experience, I must tell you a little bit about this magic town located 1hr 30 away from Bacalar. Its beautiful scenery provides plenty of things to explore: Snorkel, tours, Chacchoben are some of the cool things to do in Mahahual. We didn’t have enough time to enjoy all of these but we’ll come back soon!
Anyway, going back to Mayá, Mayá is a water park that explores the Mayan culture in Mahahual through its amazing rides. I had a lot of fun there! I numbered my favorite things so you can plan your next trip.
- Awesome water slides: My favorite part of the park! I slid and screamed through all of them. My favorite one was “La Xtabay” which is the highest.
- Zip coaster Kukulcán: I’ve had a great experience with zip lines but never with a “zip coaster” that’s a whole new level! Turns and fun all over.
- Fun for children: In addition to things for adults, there is Monkey’s Island, an area exclusive for the younger ones of the family. I enjoyed this because the kids had time to relax after everything we did.
- Service: The staff was always there when we needed. They were kind and answered all questions we had related to Mahahual and the park.
- Delicious food: Food is not included in your ticket, but the buffet at “El campamento” is delicious. They serve Mexican food and a couple of American snacks.
Without a doubt, this theme park in Mahahual was the perfect choice for my weekend. If you are Mexican or Belizean, you have a special rate when you buy your ticket (you have to show your ID for this).
Thank you so much for reading this post. If you are coming anytime soon, just book here! If you have any questions, don’t forget to write in the comments!